CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
This course can be completed anywhere in Australia
Self Paced Delivery
This course can be completed in your own time
We have industry partnerships and a large reach across Australia
Available in QLD
What is this qualification?
This qualification reflects the role of workers in a range of early childhood education settings who work within the requirements of the Education and Care Services National Regulations and the National Quality Standard. They support the implementation of an approved learning framework, and support children’s wellbeing, learning and development. Depending on the setting, educators may work under direct supervision or autonomously.
Under the Education and Care Services National Law (2011) the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) publishes lists of approved early childhood education and care qualifications and information regarding regulatory requirements here: www.acecqa.gov.au
This qualification is funded by the Queensland government.
Complete the Expression of Interest to determine your eligibility for QLD funding.
Talk to a Course Advisor. They can help you decide which course is best for you.
- Early Childhood Educator Assistant
- Outside School Hours Care Aide
- Preschool Assistant
- Students are required to be physically fit to be able to perform some tasks required by the course.
- Satisfactorily complete a pre-training review interview to determine student’s suitability for the chosen course.
- Working within the early childcare services industry or gain vocational work placement at a regulated early childcare facility.
- Students must have a National Police Check and a Working with Children Check – Blue Card
- Having access to the following is desirable for the successful completion of assessments and for research purposes:
- Desktop computer, laptop or tablet
- Microsoft Office or equivalent
- Broadband internet connection
- A web camera and a speaker
- Access to software to view online videos and images, such as Adobe Reader, Windows Media Player, Windows Photo Viewer, which are available as a download from the internet.
- CHC40113 Certificate IV School Age Education and Care
- CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
For centre-based services
|Age of children||Qualification requirement|
|Birth to preschool age||From 1 January 2014 in all states and territories
All other educators required to meet the relevant ratios at the service must have, or be actively working towards, at least an approved certificate III level education and care qualification.
|Over preschool age||From 1 January 2012 in VIC, QLD, SA, WA, ACT
There are no national qualification requirements for educators at centre-based services educating and caring for children who are over preschool age. State and territory qualification requirements (if applicable) continue to apply. See the lists of approved qualification requirements for children over preschool age.
From 1 January 2014 in NT
Family day care services
|Age of children||Qualification requirement|
|Birth to 13 years||From 1 Jan 2012 in SA
From 1 Jan 2014 in NSW, VIC, QLD, WA, TAS, ACT, NT
All family day care educators must have or be actively working towards at least an approved certificate III level education and care qualification.
- Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care – Purchase the Early Childhood Educator for Diploma Edition 1 textbook Lorraine Walker, Shelagh Miller, Sonja Tansey 2014, McGraw Hill Education.
- Written activities
- Case studies
- Role plays / observations
- Practical work placement
- Police check: $54.60
- Bluecard: $84.25
Total number of units = 18
- 15 core units
- 3 elective units
CHCECE001 Develop cultural competence
CHCECE002 Ensure the health and safety of children
CHCECE003 Provide care for children
CHCECE004 Promote and provide healthy food and drinks
CHCECE005 Provide care for babies and toddlers
CHCECE007 Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
CHCECE009 Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
CHCECE010 Support the holistic development of children in early childhood
CHCECE011 Provide experiences to support children’s play and learning
CHCECE013 Use information about children to inform practices
CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
CHCPRT001 Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
HLTWHS001 Participate in workplace health and safety
CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
CHCECE014 Comply with Family Day Care Administration requirements
This qualification is currently being funded by the Queensland State Government’s Department of Education and Training through the Certificate 3 Guarantee and Fee-free training for Year 12 graduates for eligible Queensland participants. For full eligibility information, a breakdown of the fees applicable and our terms and conditions, please click here.