CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support
What is this qualification?
This qualification reflects the role of workers in the community and/or residential setting who follow an individualized plan to provide person-centred support to people who may require support due to ageing or some other reason.
Work involves using discretion and judgement in relation to individual support as well as taking responsibility for own outputs. Workers have a range of factual, technical and procedural knowledge as well as some theoretical knowledge of the concept and practices required to provide person-centred support.
Work involves using discretion and judgement in relation to individual support as well as taking responsibility for own outputs. Workers have a range of factual, technical and procedural knowledge, as well as some theoretical knowledge of the concepts and practices required to provide person-centered support.
This qualification is funded by the Queensland government.
Complete the Expression of Interest to determine your eligibility for QLD funding.
Talk to a Course Advisor. They can help you decide which course is best for you.
- Accommodation Support Worker
- Accommodation Support Worker (Disability)
- Disability Services Worker
- Food Services Worker (Aged Care)
- Personal Care Giver
- Respite Care Worker
- Students are required to be physically fit to be able to perform some tasks required by the course.
- Satisfactorily complete a pre-training review interview to determine student’s suitability for the chosen course.
- Working within the aged care services industry or gain vocational work placement at a regulated aged care facility.
- Students must have a National Police Check
- Having access to the following is desirable for the successful completion of assessments and for research purposes:
- Desktop computer, laptop or tablet
- Microsoft Office or equivalent
- Broadband internet connection
- A web camera and a speaker
- Access to software to view online videos and images, such as Adobe Reader, Windows Media Player, Windows Photo Viewer, which are available as a download from the internet.
- CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support
- CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services
- Written activities
- Case studies
- Role plays / observations
- Police check: $54.60
Total number of units = 13
- 7 core units
- 6 elective units
CHCCCS023 Support independence and well being
CHCCOM005 Communicate and work in health or community services
CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
CHCLEG001 Work legally and ethically
HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
CHCAGE005 Provide support to people living with dementia
CHCCCS011 Meet personal support needs
CHCCCS025 Support relationships with carers and families
CHCHCS001 Provide home and community support services
HLTAID003 Provide first aid
The qualification is currently being funded by the Queensland State Government’s Department of Education and Training through the Certificate 3 Guarantee and Fee-free training for Year 12 graduates for eligible Queensland participants. For full eligibility information, a breakdown of the fees applicable and our terms and conditions, please click here.
This course can be completed anywhere in Australia
Self Paced Delivery
This course can be completed in your own time
We have industry partnerships and a large reach across Australia
Available in QLD