CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support
What is this qualification?
This qualification reflects the role of support workers who complete specialised tasks and functions in aged services; either in residential, home or community based environments. Workers will take responsibility for their own outputs within defined organisation guidelines and maintain quality service delivery through the development, facilitation and review of individualised service planning and delivery.
Workers may be required to demonstrate leadership and have limited responsibility for the organisation and the quantity and quality of outputs of others within limited parameters.
This qualification is funded by the Queensland government.
Complete the Expression of Interest to determine your eligibility for QLD funding.
Talk to a Course Advisor. They can help you decide which course is best for you.
- Aged Care Activity Worker
- Care Service Team Leader
- Care Supervisor (Aged Care)
- Disability Support Worker
- Coordinator of Volunteers (Services to Older People)
- Disability Officer – Day Support
- Students are required to be physically fit to be able to perform some tasks required by the course.
- Satisfactorily complete a pre-training review interview to determine student’s suitability for the chosen course.
- Working within the aged care services industry or gain vocational work placement at a regulated aged care facility.
- Students must have a National Police Check
- Having access to the following is desirable for the successful completion of assessments and for research purposes:
- Desktop computer, laptop or tablet
- Microsoft Office or equivalent
- Broadband internet connection
- A web camera and a speaker
- Access to software to view online videos and images, such as Adobe Reader, Windows Media Player, Windows Photo Viewer, which are available as a download from the internet.
- Written activities
- Case studies
- Role plays / observations
- Practical work placement
- Police check: $54.60
Total number of units = 18
- 15 core units
- 3 elective units
CHCAGE001 Facilitate the empowerment of older people
CHCAGE003 Coordinate services for older people
CHCAGE004 Implement interventions with older people at risk
CHCAGE005 Provide support to people living with dementia
CHCCCS006 Facilitate individual service planning and delivery
CHCCCS011 Meet personal support needs
CHCCCS023 Support independence and wellbeing
CHCCCS025 Support relationships with carers and families
CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people
CHCLEG003 Manage legal and ethical compliance
CHCPAL001 Deliver care services using a palliative approach
CHCPRP001 Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
HLTAAP001 Recognise healthy body systems
HLTWHS002 Follow safe work practices for direct client care
BSBMGT401 Show leadership in the workplace
CHCAGE002 Implement falls prevention strategies
The qualification is currently being funded by the Queensland State Government’s Department of Education and Training through the Higher Level Skills program for eligible Queensland participants. For full eligibility information, a breakdown of the fees applicable and our terms and conditions, please click here.
This course can be completed anywhere in Australia
Self Paced Delivery
This course can be completed in your own time
We have industry partnerships and a large reach across Australia
Available in QLD